Dirty Down - Ageing Spray - Black - 400ml Aerosol
UK Next Working Day delivery available until 1pm. After this time your order will not ship until the following working day. *See our full shipping Policy here
Black ageing spray is a fine mist semi-transparent spray dye that makes things look dirty and old, or aged. Dirty black/blue colour. Not as dark as our Soot Black ageing spray. The spray is water soluble and can be smeared and reworked by wetting with water. Fast drying.
Black – black / blue slate grey colour. Not as dark as Soot Black and dries faster. Washes better. May be left with a light shade of grey on the fabric after washing. Black works well when mixed with Dark Brown and Mid Brown, especially when used on hems.
- Ensure surfaces are dry and grease free.
- Mask areas not to be sprayed.
- Shake can before use.
- Use sparingly, apply several fine coats rather than one heavy coat. The shade will darken with each coat applied.
- Hold can upright 30cm (12 inches) away from the surface, and spray across the surface in one smooth sweep, keeping the nozzle fully depressed. Spots of concentrated dye may appear if the button is only partially depressed.
- For small patches, spray through holes cut in a piece of paper.
- For dark patches, spray closer to the surface.
- Heavy spraying may drip or puddle.
- Smear the spray by re-wetting with water, and then dabbing or rubbing with a damp or wet cloth. With some fabrics it’s easier to smear by wetting the sprayed fabric and then rubbing the wet area together between your hands. Smearing is easier when the spray is still wet, but is also possible after the spray has fully dried. It may not be possible to smear spray applied to absorbent surfaces.
- May not adhere to some polished surfaces.
- Our ageing sprays are water soluble and the effects of spraying will be lost by washing in water, but there may still be staining.
- Do not use outside in wet weather.