X-Rite ColorChecker 18% Gray Balance
UK Next Working Day delivery available until 1pm, weekdays. After this time your order will not ship until following working day. Next Working Day deliveries are not made at the weekend. *See our full shipping Policy here
The ColorChecker® Grey Balance target helps in obtaining instant grey balance, evaluating studio lighting and making fast colour adjustments for both photo and video shoots.
Confident Exposure Metering
Using the ColorChecker 18% Grey Balance target for reflective spot exposure metering will give you the confidence that your images and video footage are exposed as accurately as possible with the same 18% grey reference square found in the 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target. The grey is scientifically engineered to provide a precise uniform surface that is spectrally neutral, meaning it reflects equal amounts of red, blue and green in all types of lighting conditions.
The perceived colour of white changes based on ambient conditions—outdoors it is perceived to be cooler; indoors, warmer; and under fluorescent light, greener. ColorChecker grey Balance gives you the power to adjust your digital camera's colour sensitivity to exactly match the ambient lighting conditions, in effect changing what the camera sees. Even in a controlled studio environment, establishing an accurate custom grey balance ensures an accurate image and the best possible photo images or video footage from the start of each new session.
- The ColorChecker Grey Balance target will help you obtain instant grey balance, evaluate studio lighting and make quick colour adjustments, ensuring your camera’s Raw photo image or video footage accurately portrays real life.
- The ColorChecker 18% Grey Balance target is ideal for exposure metering and grey balance for more accurate photographic colour rendering.
- Use this handy portable tool to adjust your camera’s colour sensitivity to exactly match the ambient lighting conditions.
- For photography, use the ColorChecker 18% grey Balance target to check films, lights filters and paper.
- In filmmaking, the target helps verify the grey balance of cameras, lenses and lighting combinations.
4 x 7 inches (10.16cm x 17.78cm)
Model #: 421869